The unique visitor/returing visitor counts are a little off. Knowledge Base › Statistics
The unique visitors and returning visitors is based entirely on cookies. If a person's browser has cookies disabled they will always be counted as a unique visitor. If they delete their cookie and visit your site again they will be counted as a unique visitor and not a returning visitor.
It can never be an exact science with determining the exact number of unique visitors but it does give a very good idea, and you can easily spot trends over time from this information.
Search Knowledge BaseForum Search
- Why are the stats different to my server log analysis?
- Who has access to view my stats?
- What is a landing page in the keyword stats?
- What timezone are these stats recorded in?
- Is it possible to exports the stats as a CSV or Excel file?
- There are pages recorded in my stats that do not exist on my website - pages from other websites and pages from people's hard disks like file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jim/My%20Documents/ Gallery.htm - why?
- How is 'Paid Traffic' determined?
- What does "no referring link" mean?
- The unique visitor/returing visitor counts are a little off.
- Why do I not get keyword stats even though I know I am getting referrals from search engines?
- How do I view these real-time stats and visitors?
- Why is data showing up for "Week 53" in my stats? Aren't there only 52 weeks in the year?
- Why am I getting so many zero second visits? How can someone visit for zero seconds?
- Help! Strange pages are showing up in my stats!
- What is the security code?
- What are Exit Links?
- What does #1 mean?