What does #1 mean? Knowledge Base › Statistics
#1 indicates that your web page ranked #1 on Google for the given query.
In the above example, the mobile stats page of our StatCounter Global Stats site ranked #1 on Google for the search term “mobile browser stats”.
Similarly, #2 means that your web page ranked #2 on Google for the given query etc.
NOTE: Search Rankings vary when searches are conducted from different parts of the world and at different times. The ranking you see displayed in your StatCounter account is the actual rank position that your visitor saw (for your web page) from the location they are in, at the time they did the search.
You MAY NOT be able to recreate this ranking directly, but the rank shown is the actual position of your web page on the search engine results page generated by your visitor's query.
Currently, this information is only available for some Google searches so you will not see a ranking beside every Google query or beside non-Google queries.
Search Knowledge BaseForum Search
- Why are the stats different to my server log analysis?
- Who has access to view my stats?
- What is a landing page in the keyword stats?
- What timezone are these stats recorded in?
- Is it possible to exports the stats as a CSV or Excel file?
- There are pages recorded in my stats that do not exist on my website - pages from other websites and pages from people's hard disks like file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jim/My%20Documents/ Gallery.htm - why?
- How is 'Paid Traffic' determined?
- What does "no referring link" mean?
- The unique visitor/returing visitor counts are a little off.
- Why do I not get keyword stats even though I know I am getting referrals from search engines?
- How do I view these real-time stats and visitors?
- Why is data showing up for "Week 53" in my stats? Aren't there only 52 weeks in the year?
- Why am I getting so many zero second visits? How can someone visit for zero seconds?
- Help! Strange pages are showing up in my stats!
- What is the security code?
- What are Exit Links?
- What does #1 mean?