Help! Strange pages are showing up in my stats! Knowledge Base › Statistics
This is possible if someone have copied your webpage contents along with statcounter code to their webpages and as a result their webpage stats are included in your statcounter account.
This can be stopped by changing your security code and then re-generating and re-installing code on your webpages. Here are the steps for changing your security code:-
1. Log in your statcounter account.
2. Click on small wrench icon next to project name
3. Click on Security Code link.
4. For 'Generate New Security Code?' select Yes from list and for 'Enable or disable security checking?' select Enabled from list.
5. Hit Submit button at bottom.
Search Knowledge BaseForum Search
- Why are the stats different to my server log analysis?
- Who has access to view my stats?
- What is a landing page in the keyword stats?
- What timezone are these stats recorded in?
- Is it possible to exports the stats as a CSV or Excel file?
- There are pages recorded in my stats that do not exist on my website - pages from other websites and pages from people's hard disks like file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jim/My%20Documents/ Gallery.htm - why?
- How is 'Paid Traffic' determined?
- What does "no referring link" mean?
- The unique visitor/returing visitor counts are a little off.
- Why do I not get keyword stats even though I know I am getting referrals from search engines?
- How do I view these real-time stats and visitors?
- Why is data showing up for "Week 53" in my stats? Aren't there only 52 weeks in the year?
- Why am I getting so many zero second visits? How can someone visit for zero seconds?
- Help! Strange pages are showing up in my stats!
- What is the security code?
- What are Exit Links?
- What does #1 mean?